torsdag 1 juli 2010

Fanny on the Farm! :DD

Hello ya'll!

Just writing to let my Swedish friends and family know that I've arrived safe and sound in Holyoke, Colorado, USA!

(flying over Colorado, close to Denver!)

** Watch out, great nag:ness ahead!! **
There was SUCH a big hassle flying over!
At the Copenhagen Airport, I learned that my flight had been cancelled (note that I booked, and paid for my tickets, MONTHS ago, but got no info on this from my travel agency!), then got reinstated, but I'd been put out of their system, and they didn't even know if they put me on a plane to New York that day. In the end, they could, but they couldn't put me on a plane to Denver from New York, until the 1st. So either I'd go back to Sweden that day, and go on the 1st, or I could go then (the 29th) to New York, spend the night there, then go to Detroit and from Detroit to Denver on the 30th. Which I did. I had my mind set on going, and I WAS leaving. I had packed all my bags and said "bye for now" to my friends and family! I didn't back down, and in the end I went...
So, to say the least, it was a VERY long travel, and I must admit I've never been so rudely met as I was in New York by the Delta employees. Big let down.. Ah, well, the plane from Detroit to Denver got delayed as well, due to maintainance problems, but it all worked out in the end. Gail, my "american Mom", came and picked me up at the airport last night, which was really nice of her! It was SO good to see her! I've missed everyone over here so much!! It's been three years since my last visit. That is: too long!
I've only been here since yesterday, but already had the time to see a few people, and do some yardwork.. Tonight, we're hopefully going out to dinner. I'll enjoy that. :)

(My carry-on was STUFFED with books! It must have weighted about 15 kg or so (at least!))


Well, I'm looking forward to spending time with my American friends and family for the month I'm staying here :) Hopefully I'll come around to update this blog at least some time during this time.

Please feel free to email me at any time, but please note that I will not be cheking my inbox every day.


Love, peace, over n' out!

// Fanny

1 kommentar:

Malin S Larsson sa...

Jag är glad att du kom fram säkert raring. Ha det nu så roligt och koppla bort allt annat, så ses vi när du kommer hem igen!