torsdag 22 juli 2010

View from the top!

There. I FINALLY did it!
I've climbed a mountain :DD

Went to the Rocky Mountains with my friend Jordan and her family this week, it was lovely! Tons of fun. And, yes, we did climb a mountain :3 My first one! It's called Hoosier Ridge, Summit, CO/Park 6, it's on the Continental divider and 12,331 feet high :DD

View from mountain-side, climbing upwards..

Not quite, but getting there!

View from the top!

Me and Jordan, exhausted but happy :)

There were some weird-looking rock piles on the top.. But the view sure was pretty! (note, rain clouds!)

Well, it was blowing SO hard, and the air is very light up there! It's hard to breathe! Now I understand why climbers say that you're outta breath, beacause, well, it's true! I'm used to being at sea-level, so being this far up really made my head spin, but I was very determined to reach the top. And, I can be pretty stubborn about things when I want to...

And, it was GORGEOUS up there! No wind on the top, strangely enough.. Flowers and some bees, sunshine on our faces :)

Well, going down, we heard thunder, and Jordan said:
"I don't mean to panic you, but we gotta RUN!"
So, we more or less had to "run" down the mountain (running is hard, in that angle, high up, going down, but we really had to hustle!). There was thunder and lightning and wind. Pretty soon the rain came, and with the rain; hail. And, let me tell you something; hail HURTS! And, we were well-above the tree-line (which means we were too high up for trees to grow), so we had nowhere to hide..

Anyways, we made it down, wet and cold, but happy.
Then we spent the rest of the day reading, under the covers, in the camper.

Ah, good times <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_STzvkHo79P0/TEhmKbJTUcI/AAAAAAAAAX8/oWC7GY_LBs4/s1600/IMG_0269.JPG">Sorry, just HAD to show you this...
This is.. Bear-spray. Yes, bear-spray! XDDD If a bear attacks you, well, you can't really stand a chance to a bear, but here's what you can use; bear-spray! (kinda like mace).. Just thought this was SO funny.. Still, I held on to that bottle.. very hard..

Inga kommentarer: