torsdag 2 december 2010

AltCom 2010

Hello everyone!

Hope you're being able to keep (somewhat) warm in this snowy winter-madness! My best advice is tea, tea, and tea!
Sadly, I haven't been doing a very well job on this myself.. Since.. Well, I'm down with a pretty bad cold. More or less lost my voice (hurts!), but been home (and sleeping) all day and hope to be back to "normal" and work soon. :)


Anyhow, here's my (late) update from AltCom, the "alternative comic"-festival that was held here in beautiful Malmö in November.

There was tons of exhibitions and events, which mostly I missed due to work (a girl's gotta eat!), but I was able to catch a few of them.

Below's two pics from the "MAUS"-exhibitions opening at the city library in Malmö, November 3rd.
(it will stay at there until January 16th, so there's plenty of time if you want to have a look at it (which, of course, is the case ~.^))


Malin and I. My "oldest" friend. She's the freckled cat portrayed in my comic (seen in the background). Love her so much! (Have a peek at her marvelous photography at her blog!)

I'm bad at taking pictures sometimes, I only have a handful from the opening of the exhibition. But, I take it that's better than none? Here's my very skilled and badass friend Robin! :DD

The "Mus/Mouse/Maus"-project is held by Jamil Mani and the Swedish Comic's Society. My addition can be seen at the exhibition, in Bild & Bubbla number 184 and below;



I was lucky enough to be present at the festival's main weekend (November 12-14th). It sure was a lot of fun, and a very inspiering atmosphere to be in. I got to meet tons of new, very interesting people, from all over the world and it sure was a very giving experience.
When not sitting at the table selling fanzines with co-ThinkInk;er Nathalie, and great buddies from PonnyKlubben, I helped out with the presentation and interviews of the festival's guests. Which is something I really enjoy to do and hope to do more in the future :)

Me, Nat and Johnie (of PonnyKlubben).



I want to thank everyone who visited with us at our table, all our customers, supporters and new friends :)
A special pat on the back goes out to Mattias Elftorp, for doing such a great job arrangeing the festival :)
It was a great weekend and I hope to see you next time around! (which, hopefully, will be in two years)

For more detailed info; visit http://www.altcomfestival.net/.

Have a great evening!
Love, peace, over 'n out

// Fanny

Inga kommentarer: